Thursday, January 16, 2014

Mail Call!: Boxycharm Subscription Box - January 2014


So I restarted my Boxycharm subscription and got a great box today! Usually in these kind of subscription boxes, I would get products that I wouldn't get any use out of - due to shades that would not look good with my skin tone, among other reasons - and I would have to give them away to friends that would be able to get use out of them. But this time, I have to say, I got a pretty damn good variety of products! I have been getting into some neutrals/nudes lately, for face and nails, and this box nailed it! I would also like to apologize for the crappy picture quality of this, and any other blog post with pictures. I only have an iPod Touch at the moment, but that will soon be replaced, so for now, please bare with me until I get my new camera! Okay, now onto focusing on each product (the descriptions are from the card that came with the box):



SPAritual Nail Lacquer in Breathless   
Easy to apply and 100% Vegan Nail Lacquer. Every shade is absolutely stunning.

I was excited to see this in my box because oh, do I love nail polish! The color in the bottle is gorgeous! A very pretty off-white color, which isn't totally opaque with two coats, but it's definitely workable.


Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Angeles
A one-step full lip color that is creamy and soft in texture while moisturizing the lips and creating a long lasting lipstick effect.

This is very similar to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in texture, and the color is really nice! This would be better for someone that is lighter than me, with pinker undertones in their skin, but one swipe of this can work on my lips without washing me out entirely (which is a HUGE problem with me and nude/neutral lip products).


Be a Bombshell Eye shadow in Birthday Suit
Look like a total bombshell with "Birthday Suit" eyeshadow. This perfect matte nude color is great for a base or highlighting.

I am not a huge eye shadow wearer, but I do like shades like this. At first look, it reminded me of Foxy from the Naked Basics palette. But when I looked at them side by side, I saw that Foxy was a bit more yellow. This color looks like a better base for my (rare!) eye shadow looks.


MODELCO Gel Eyeliner with built in brush
Create dramatically defined eyes like a pro with ModelCo's GEL EYELINER. The smooth, gel-based liner achieves beautiful long lasting lines, offering the precision of a liquid liner with the application ease of a gel for foolproof beauty.

If and when I ever use eyeliner, it's usually black and it's usually in pencil form. I have to say though, I would use this to switch it up a bit for a nice, thin line on my upper lash line. The brush, as it says, does offer very good precision, so I may wear this for a little extra for my look for a job interview or a party.


Reville Reville Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Polish
Warm Vanilla Brown Sugar Body Polish is an exfoliating moisturizing scrub treatment for the body. Gently polish away dead surface cells and skin-dulling debris to reveal smoother, softer skin beneath.

Yay! An exfoliator! My skin is dry to begin with, but in the winter it's REALLY bad! I'm definitely gonna be using this often. And the smell is incredible. Warm vanilla sugar is one of my favorite scents of all time. Very excited to try this!


So overall, I am so pleased with my Boxycharm box this month! I'm hoping that next month I'll see lots of Valentine's Day related goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment