Thursday, February 13, 2014

Mail Call!: Boxycharm & Birchbox Subscription Boxes - February 2014


Another month of Boxycharm and a newly renewed Birchbox subscription jump start! I love when I get mail! Also, take note of how clear my pictures are now, thanks to my new Olympus digital camera. No more iPod Touch photos! Well, except for the monthly faves because it's easier to make collages with PicFrame, but I digress. Let's see what I got: up close and personal. Pictures after the break!
Let's start with Birchbox first:


Beauty Protector Protect & Oil
Exclusive launch! This just-for-you hair oil defends against UV rays, heat and breakage.


Harvey Prince Hello
Best-selling spritz that mingles cheerful citrus with floral notes. Well, hello there!


OPI Sheer Tints In Don't Violet Me Down
This tinted top coat gives nails a wash of high-shine, translucent color.


Skin&Co Roma TRUFFLE THERAPY SERUM Boosting Anti-Aging Serum
Antioxidant-rich truffle extract helps smooth wrinkles and restore dull, parched skin.


Harney & Sons Fine Teas
Rich and flavorful tea blends from the family-owned craft brand.


And now, the Boxycharm contents!:


Mirabella Eye Definer Bronze
Richly colored eye pencil glides on smoothly for a perfectly precise look.


Eyelashi Hand tied lashes
Accessorize your eyes with the perfect lashes for every occasion.


Pandora's Makeup Box Blush
PANDORA'S Makeup Box blushes are specially formulated to create cheek color that lasts.


Mirabella LA LA Lips in Love
Creamy, moisturizing lip pencil glides on to create a flawless satin finish with intense, longwearing color.


NARS Nail Polish in Storm Bird
NARS Nail Polish shades are both classic and fashion forward. You'll fall in love with every shade.


So overall I really enjoyed what I got in the boxes this month. I love the Mirabella products from Boxycharm. I had heard of the brand, but never tried anything from them and I have to say, I am in LOVE with the Eye Definer and the LA LA Lips pencil! When they say it goes on smooth, they're not kidding! Both go on so easily, and the LA LA Lips pencil gives a matte look without drying out your lips like a MAC Retro Matte shade (great color payoff, SO incredibly drying! And with all this crazy winter weather, it's better to not have dried out lips). And props to the Boxycharm lottery for giving me a red lip crayon that I can actually wear! Both that and the Eye Definer are going to totally be a part of my look for my belated Valentine's date ;) Also, NARS! Holy crap a NARS nail polish!! I was hoping for a pink or something like what they showed in their Instagram sneak peek, but hey, I can work a grey nail, too. I don't use false eyelashes and the blush isn't the best color for my skin tone, so I'll be most likely giving those away to friends.

I really wish Birchbox would give some more full-size products, but hey, I'll take samples of brands I've never heard of. AND I didn't get anything that was mentioned in the sneak peek except for the hair oil! I was kind of looking forward to some Benefit products. Can't wait to try the teas out; they sound absolutely yummy. Not sure how the hair oil will work on my crazy head of curls but I'll give it a shot. And the Hello perfume sample will also be a part of my belated Valentine's date routine as well!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment