Monday, March 10, 2014

February Favorites!



Ohhh yeah! Finally, after life getting in the way with no time to update, it's time for February favorites!

  • Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show Man...I didn't see this coming at all. I honestly thought I would be writing about the actual game itself, but you know how that went if you were rooting for the Broncos. I'm not even gonna go there right about now, back to what I'm actually writing about here! I was highly impressed with Bruno Mars. Until I saw this, I'd only heard a couple of songs; never saw a live performance of his. He has a great vibe about him on stage and I would possibly maybe pay to see him live (which is a huge thing for me to say since the only concerts I've went to were from Depeche Mode). I also like how the medley incorporated the Red Hot Chili Peppers. This was the only highlight that came out of Super Bowl Sunday for me!
  • Buzzfeed  Nothing like a little online entertainment to pep up a slow day! My Facebook feed has mostly been Buzzfeed quizzes and lists lately, and let me tell ya, those quizzes are quite addictive! Hell, I've come up with an alter ego of sorts from some of my answers (this is what I do when I have too much time on my hands. And yes, it will be a blog entry at some point in the near future).
  • "Happy" by Pharrell Williams I heard this song for the first time this past month and it's been in my head every damn day, in the best possible way! And the video is great, too. I thought it was so clever of Pharrell to make a 24 hour music video for the song. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, that would be almost impossible. But I would give it a try because the song is that awesome.
  • The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon I'm a relatively new fan of Jimmy Fallon - very vague memories of him on SNL; liked his stuff on Late Night but didn't watch it regularly - but now, I can't imagine NOT watching him every night before I go to bed! His first show came on when my mom was very sick and I was extremely stressed out about it, so watching him gave me a much needed laugh or two, and I've been watching every night since. I can really see him hosting for a long, long time (maybe as long as Johnny Carson did? Hmmmmm...) I'm also going to see a monologue rehearsal on the 21st, so I will DEFINITELY be writing about that, and, hopefully, will have pictures to accompany that!

No comments:

Post a Comment